Friday, April 13, 2018

No Shell

We had another weird egg the other day. This time it didn't have a shell at all, just a thick membrane holding it all together.

I have no explanation for why things like this happen. Just weirdness. The chickens are all together, eating and drinking the same things, and being treated the same way. This was on 3/5/18, a few days after a full moon, and I think weird things happen around a full moon.

I fiddled with it awhile and took some photos, but didn't end up eating it this time. Since the shell was missing, I wasn't confident that nasty things hadn't been transferred through the membrane.









2 comments:

  1. I had a crossbeak hen that couldn’t eat like the others. She definitely couldn’t get a worm and she had to ‘shovel’ the grain feed. She only laid shellless eggs

    ReplyDelete