Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Spring Gardening

Our three raised beds are almost full now.

The first one with asparagus and strawberries are low maintenance which just carry on from year to year. The first asparagus sprouted a couple weeks ago and we're getting about a dozen spears a day now. There are dozens of blossoms and green strawberries, so I am hopeful we might actually get to eat a few this year.

In the second/middle raised bed I have planted a few tomato plants. I decided to try growing Christmas beans again, planting them earlier in the year than before. And I added a few green bean plants and garlic bulbs around the edges of the tomatoes.

I planted a variety of potatoes in the third bed. A few seed potatoes came from the feed store, and a few others were some I've been sprouting from last year (they are the ugly ones in the photos).

I have a little room left and am still trying to decide what to plant.

















No comments:

Post a Comment