Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Chinese Privet

In the late spring there is a large shrub, looks like a tree to me, just near the chicken coop door, that has little white very fragrant blossoms. I wish you could smell it. To me, it smells like honeysuckle. It's a nice change to the usual smells near the edge of the woods.

After searching awhile online, I came up with the Chinese Privet. It looks the closest to anything I could find. (If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know.) Apparently it is an "invasive" species that I should watch carefully. But so far I'm just enjoying the pretty blossoms and pleasant smell.









2 comments:

  1. Looks like what we just called another variety of honeysuckle! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. It did smell like honeysuckle. We had some honeysuckle once at another house and it was on vines that climbed up the fence. This is more like a tree or large shrub with woody branches.

      Delete