Monday, May 28, 2018

Lavender Teacakes

I've got a new favorite daytime television program - Home and Family on the Hallmark Channel. It is shown here in the morning, but I have my system set to record "all new" episodes. I usually watch the episodes later in the day when I'm needing to sit and rest awhile. I'm about a month behind on watching episodes. The benefit of watching a recording is that I can skip over the segments that I don't have a particular interest in. So I sometimes will watch two episodes in one sitting.

Recently one episode had a kitchen segment with someone from American's Test Kitchen visiting. She made some little cakes that I thought looked good, and easy enough for me to try. Plus it called for lavender, and I have some dried and some in my garden. The other ingredients were also things I already had, although I did substitute vanilla bean paste for the actual bean, because that's what I had in my cupboard.

They turned out pretty good, and definitely something I'll make again, although I will admit I couldn't actually taste the ground lavender. I will grease the muffin tins better next time because they didn't all come out of the pan neatly.

Here's the link to the recipe if you'd like to try them sometime. They're best eaten on the day but a few did survive until the next day and were still pretty good.
















6 comments:

  1. My address if you want to send me some is 18761...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Of course. Will whip up a batch for your next visit.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were pretty good. You should try them. The recipe wasn't that difficult and you wouldn't have to use the dried lavender or the fresh lavender for decoration.

      Delete
  3. I’ve given up trying to grease muffin tins. I buy “off season” muffin papers and skip a lot of the clean up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do as well. But for once I was trying to follow the recipe. :)

      Delete