Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Jacket Potatoes

We were invited to a Fall gathering the other day at a friend's house. It was a potluck type thing so I decided to take what we call Jacket Potatoes (potatoes in their jackets, i.e. skins) or what most normal people call baked potatoes.

It's not complete without all the condiments though. So I also took a block of butter, a pound of grated cheese, a tub of sour cream, bacon, and homemade chili I had made earlier and took out of the freezer. 

Sadly I had to buy potatoes (not the right season here) for $4 / 5 lbs.

I wrapped the potatoes in foil.

I buy the bacon without nitrates. It usually costs about $5  for less than a pound.

I chopped up the bacon and fried it until it was crispy.

Our favorite cheese comes from Kansas. It costs about $7 / lb.

Kerrygold butter is the next best thing to farm raw milk butter. I buy it at Walmart for about $3.50.





I transported the jacket potatoes in a small ice chest. It kept them warm for hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment