Friday, January 5, 2018

Soap Class

The garden center has closed where I have taken soap classes before (read here and here if interested), so I contacted the soap lady directly and asked if she'd be willing to do a class for me if I could gather up enough people interested. She agreed, but asked if we could hold the class somewhere closer to the city. So I persuaded a good friend to help, and she agreed to host the class at her house. I was able to interest several ladies from church to join in.

As before, she brought everything we needed to make a batch of soap. Over the years she's even streamlined the process a little and comes with a few things already measured and weighed out for us. All we had to do was choose our add-in oils, colors and textures, and then blend it up.

The class was held just before Thanksgiving, so I think some of the ladies were influenced by fall colors and smells in their choices. I did a double batch and chose more plain add-ins.


Pre-measured oils

Juice cartons for the molds

The powders for color

The textures

The oils for scent

The blending station

The recipe

The different finished soaps

My soaps were rosemary and lavender

The soap comes out as a big cube that you cut into bars.

The rosemary soap was cut into six bars.

The lavender was cut into 8 bars.



One of the other ladies also chose a green color similar to mine, but with lavender and eucalyptus.

One lady cut 15 narrow bars for her lemongrass soap.

One lady cut 6 large bars for her paprika and turmeric (color) and lemongrass and sandalwood (scent) mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment