Friday, February 16, 2018

Mobile Clinic

It hadn't occurred to me when we gave a home to all those cats recently, that they could potentially turn into a large cat colony that would overtake the workshop and cost us a small fortune in cat food.  I was surprised when I realized that siblings would mate with each other. 

After consulting with our vet, I also realized it was going to cost us a small fortune to have them spayed and neutered. They suggested I look for a mobile clinic that toured around the area, so I started watching for details. I eventually phoned and booked appointments for all six cats on the next date they were going to be in our area.

After rounding up the cats and putting them in carriers, I took them one morning to a parking lot of our local farm store. The mobile clinic parks there for the day and performs all the necessary procedures from a trailer. I picked them up a few hours later.

We weren't sure what some of the kitten genders were. We knew Honey was a female, and we knew we had a least one mother to the litter of kittens. But we couldn't get the four kittens to stay still long enough to check. Turns out we had three females and three males. 

The final bill for all six cats was about the price of one vet visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment