Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Carrot Seeds

I decided to experiment to see if I can save carrot seeds. So I left one of the fall carrots to flower and seed. I also did a little online research. So I now know that I haven't done it completely correct, but I thought I'd carry on with the experiment.

The carrot leaves turned into long stems with beautiful white delicate flowers that almost looked like cauliflower. The bees, wasps, and love bugs were very attracted to them. I left them for a few months until the flowers dried up and reduced to a small brown ball. Then I cut them off and put them in brown paper bags. 

I'm going to leave them to dry awhile longer. Then I'm going to shake the bag vigorously, and all the seeds are supposed to fall to the bottom of the bag. 

It won't be until the seeds are planted that we'll know if it's worked.  












2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It all sounds good in theory, but there are so many variables. Hoping to start planting soon.

      Delete