I didn't think about taking photos until they were finished. The truth is, I didn't expect them to turn out very good, so wasn't bothered to take photos.
On the larger (4") hearts, I embroidered typical sweetheart phrases, copied from the online source. Inside the larger ones I added a crinkle effect with cellophane and tissue paper. Inside the small (2") ones I added a cotton ball to make it puffy.
The felt squares cost less an $1 each. The embroidery thread about the same. The crinkly paper came from the recycle bin. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edge, but next time may stitch by hand using a blanket stitch.