Monday, June 3, 2019

Snake

I was locking up the chickens the other night after dark, and was using the flashlight. I just happened to notice something a little different and aimed the light on it. It took me awhile to process what I was seeing because the shadows and colors were blending.

It was a pretty big snake just hanging by the chickens. They didn't seem bothered by it, but it certainly bothered me. I  went back in the house to get help. By the time Son and I had returned, the snake had moved around a little and was slithering behind the chickens. He managed to get the snake out of the coop before using the hoe.

He was satisfied and went back in the house. I wasn't convinced it was dead, so took a few more swings at it to make sure.

It has been a curious transformation for me because this particular time I was much calmer than in the past. I think the reason was that I was angry because the little birds had gone missing again and I knew it was the culprit. I had been watching them every day since the eggs appeared and was hopeful this time they would make it.













No comments:

Post a Comment