Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sewing Project 1

Once we start having cold weather, I begin to find projects I can do inside in the warmth of the house.  I decided I'd sew a few things.

I like to follow a website called Purl Soho. It is a great resource for my knitting and sewing. I saw a couple of free patterns online so I bought some fabric the last time I went to Tyler.

I decided to make some special napkins for the holiday season. I've tried making napkins before and I wasn't very successful. So I was hoping these would turn out better.

The pattern called for mitred corners and gave instructions and photos on how to do it. I got a bit confused with some the folds, but overall I was happy how they turned out.

I gave them as early Christmas presents to my daughters.
















8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Beth. I have been thinking about making some napkins myself too give as gifts. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with those nice neat corners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They got a little confusing a few times and I had to rip it out and try again.

      Delete
  3. VERY pretty. A nice gift that the girls probably wouldn't think of buying for themselves. That's the best kind!

    ReplyDelete