Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Litterbug

Someone dumped trash on our county road recently. 

I drove by it for about a week. It appeared to be a school folder of work. I thought maybe the person who "lost" it would come by and pick it up. 

The longer it was there the bigger mess it was making. All the paper was scattering down the road.

So I decided to do my good deed for the day and go out and pick it all up. I was prepared to name and shame the person who had dumped the folder, if I found a name on anything.

But as I got closer to the main pile of paper, it turned out to be a bag of unused school supplies. It was actually two bags of school supplies. Thankfully one of the bags was still intact. It was the pack of lined paper that was scattering down the road.

I also picked up other random pieces of trash along the road, like water bottles, Dr. Pepper cans, and Sonic bags.

It only took about thirty minutes to fill up my trash bag with things. But now the county road looks better.







No comments:

Post a Comment