Thursday, March 29, 2018

Ugly Carrots

I have been digging up some of those carrots I planted back in the fall. There aren't that many, but I dig up a few when I need a couple for a meal I'm making.

I was surprised they survived the winter without any special care. I even dug them up a couple of times and moved them around to consolidate space in the raised beds. But none of them were very big. And all of them were misshapen and curly. Nothing like the ones you see in the grocery store.

But they are very tasty. So I plan to try planting them again, except maybe earlier in the year to give them time to grow before it freezes.









2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth,
    I enjoy reading your blogs. Carrots don't do well when transplanting for the reason you stated. They don't grow straight. Anyway that is what I have experienced. You are right. They still taste good. Just a little more prep to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine. It's good to hear from you. I am going to plant carrots again and will try not moving them around and see if this helps. Thanks for the tip. This time they were taking up needed space for spring planting so I moved them to be more together.

      Delete