Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Rigid Heddle

I took a weaving class a few weeks ago over at Homestead Heritage. I have never done any kind of weaving and knew nothing about it, so decided to start with the basic Rigid Heddle Loom class to give me an idea of what kind of weaving I might like.

There were six other people in the class with me that day. The ladies teaching the class were all so knowledgeable and patient with all of us. The world of weaving has it's own language and I can't remember now all the words and terms. You'll just have to look at the photos I took that day.

I did get to choose out the yarn from ones they had pre-selected for us. And at the end of the day I got to take home a finished scarf. It is probably the most expensive scarf I'll ever own.




















No comments:

Post a Comment