Monday, November 24, 2014

Cotton Harvest Festival

I'm just now getting around to posting a few photos of the festival that happened several weeks ago. This year we decided we'd participate in the morning fun run. I could only manage the 1K walk, while the rest of the family made a strong showing in the 5K walk/run. We were amused that we all got medals for being the best in our age category. Obviously, there were lots of age categories and lots of medals given out.

The festival celebrates the local cotton harvest.

I'd guess about 100 people turned up for the morning fun run.

For $20 you can enter the race and get a t-shirt.

The runners were stretching.

Since I was walking, I was at the back of the pack.

My finishing time was just a few minutes before the 5K run winner.

Yes, we were all winners in our categories!

We still don't completely understand the tractor pull, but it was fun to watch.

There was a new Big Tex inflatable.

This pickup was my favorite of the old cars on display.

There were many choices for fried food.

We went back in the evening to ride the Ferris Wheel.


No comments:

Post a Comment