Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Drying Vegetables

I wanted some vegetables for long term storage. I was going to buy them until I saw how expensive they are. So I decided to try dehydrating some frozen vegetables. I had read somewhere that this was an easy and much cheaper option. I had a bag of green beans, sweet corn, and sweet peas. I also had a handful of hydroponic jalapeno peppers that we weren't eating.

I put each vegetable on separate trays of the dehydrator. What I didn't realize was that once they were dried, they would be so small they would fall through the cracks. At least I'd thought to put the jalapeƱos at the bottom.

When they were dry, I spent awhile separating the vegetables. Then I put them in separate jars and labeled them. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment