Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Good Deed

I feel like I did my good deed for the day. My Random Act of Kindness.

As I was driving out the driveway the other day, a hopping black bird caught my eye. I slowed down and stopped to watch awhile. It was either injured or caught on something.

So I got out of the car and took a closer look. I was bigger than it was so I wasn't too scared to get closer.

Turns out it was completed snarled up in some old plastic netting, probably from an old hay bale. Probably from the Priors. They rarely picked up trash. The more it tried to get away, the more tightly the strings got wrapped around the leg.

I held its body down with my foot and tried pulling the string off. It was too tightly wrapped around the claw. Poor bird wasn't going anywhere.  I returned to the car for some scissors. Yes, I keep scissors in the car.

Some cutting later, it was free and flew off without so much as a look back at me to say thanks.

With some difficulty I managed to pull at the netting and got it all uncovered. It was partially buried under mud, leaves and branches. I did throw it away.












No comments:

Post a Comment