Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spring Planting

I've been busy planting for the spring season.

In the empty raised bed, I've planted potatoes, tomatoes, and watermelon. In the other raised bed, I  added a few new strawberry plants, and I've trimmed and mulched the asparagus.


I added a combination of potting mix, mulch, and chicken poop to the raised beds.


In my hydroponic stands, I planted a couple types of lettuce, spinach, arugula, and kale. In the ground containers, I planted basil, cilantro and parsley. I have had celery growing for awhile, and rosemary, mint, lavender, chives and oregano in the ground containers. 


I added some short garden hoses, soaker hoses, a couple of connectors, and a double timer for watering the raised beds. The hydroponic stands also have a timer for watering. 





















2 comments:

  1. Your hydroponics has really turned out to be great. Seems you're never out of lettuce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. looks like a great garden. Do you have Okra? Wish we could come and enjoy some of those great vegetables! Alan

    ReplyDelete