Friday, May 17, 2013

Clothes Line

We finally got the clothes line that I've been wanting for a long time. Our property didn't have one when we moved here, and it's been low priority on the list of things to do. Using a clothes line to dry our washing will help to reduce our dependence on electricity and a tumble dryer. It should also reduce our electricity bill.

I wanted a more rustic look rather than metal posts, so our trusty handyman Tevia made me a set out of cedar back in February. They sat for weeks out by the workshop. Then they were brought up behind the house and set in the ground where they sat again for several more weeks. And finally this week, the wire was added.

I've been buying wooden clothes pins when I see them. And I even bought a handmade clothes pin holder the other day at Full Quiver Farms when I was buying my milk.

I'm anxious to use it on my next washing day.






No comments:

Post a Comment