Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tracks

I wish I knew more about tracking. I've always thought it would be a good skill to be able to read and follow footprints of animals or people. Until then, I have been taking photos of them and comparing them to internet images.

With all the rain we've been getting lately, the animals have been particularly busy and it's been very easy to see the footprints of everything. I noticed the other day lots of triangular holes forming a circle near the chicken coop. I think they were from where an armadillo had been digging.

There was a patch around one of the trees that looked like it had been turned over by something (bigger than an armadillo). The wood chips area has been disturbed by what looks like the same animal. Also something has been digging in an area behind the chicken coop. I think it was a hog.

Guv'nor noticed some prints out by one of the tanks. We'd like to think they were from a bobcat, but they were probably a coyote.














No comments:

Post a Comment