Monday, March 16, 2015

Stuck

I guess it was only a matter of time until I got stuck in the mud after all the rain we've had.

Neighbor's Wife and I were out the other morning delivering Meals of Wheels. It was my turn to drive and I was thinking how nice it was that I didn't have to get out of the car.  It was actually raining that morning so I should have been paying more attention.

At one stop where I pulled into a grassy driveway, my front tires got stuck. My back tires were fine, but since my car has front wheel drive - I was stuck! After a few feeble attempts to put some planks of wood under the tires, the sweet old man came outside with his walker and his cane to help. I then became worried about him falling and hurting himself as he tried to tie a rope between his pickup and my car. He really wanted to help and thought it would work. There was no persuading him otherwise until the rope snapped.

Meanwhile, I phoned my 9-1-1, otherwise known as Guv'nor. He was at home so was able to get over to us in a few minutes. It happened that Factor was staying with us at the time, so I got a two-for-one deal. Then it dawned on me, whenever we happen to get stuck in the mud Factor seems to be here.  (first time, second time) Coincidence?






No comments:

Post a Comment