Monday, August 22, 2016

Hogs

I finally saw hogs the other day! Not that seeing live hogs on your property is a good thing. But after hearing so much about them since we've lived here, I wanted to see them for myself.

I was out walking to feed the goats, dogs, and cat the other morning. (Our Mule had broken down yet again, but more about that later.) As I walk to feed the cat, who lives out in the workshop, I pass by one of our tanks (ponds). When I was returning, I heard water splashing in the pond. I saw them briefly, hardly enough time to process what I was seeing, before they dashed off in the opposite direction. I was thankful they had been scared of me, because in reality I was the one scared of them. It looked like a mama with about five or six babies.


I wasn't quick enough with my camera to get a good photo of them, but did manage to get a few poor ones. Sorry. I've tried to zoom in but that makes the photo blurry. I don't think I'm ever going to get an up close photo of a hog.










No comments:

Post a Comment