I had only planted a few as an experiment (actually most of my hydroponic plants are an experiment) so whatever did happen to grow would only be a taster. I did learn, though, that I should space them out more because I had crowded them so much they grew intertwined with each other. I need to read the seed packets better. I'm not really growing enough to feed the family yet, but I am learning along the way. They did make a nice addition to the roast chicken meal last night.
I also pulled the little onions and parsnips that were growing in the other ground tubs. And a few little Brussels sprouts. I'm about ready to remove the broccoli plants because they've mostly gone to flowers. I have left them this long for the bees.
My cilantro was taking over (a bit like the parsley) so I've cut it back and am drying it the same way I did the parsley.
|My best carrots|
|My best parsnip|
|Washed and ready to use|