Saturday, October 20, 2012

R.I.P. Big Tex

If you don’t live in the Dallas area, you may not have heard our sad news yesterday.

Big Tex caught on fire and burned down. Apparently he started smoking from around his neck area where there are motors and wiring for his moving mouth. Once he caught on fire, he was gone in a matter of minutes. Witnesses to the event said they thought at first it was a pyrotechnic show. Many stood in disbelief and said prayers.

Big Tex has become synonymous with The State Fair of Texas. In fact their website is “bigtex.com”. So it probably won’t come as a surprise when you hear that they have promised Big Tex will be back next year - bigger and better.


We are thankful we were able to see him when we went to the fair earlier this week. We are sad. Town is sad.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I can hardly believe it. That's shocking.

    ReplyDelete