Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Arugula

Our hydroponic arugula has been ready for awhile. It’s a bit trickier to use though, so I have only picked it a couple of times. I only have it in two sections but it has grown very well. It seems to like the cold.

Arugula is similar to spinach, but tends to be a bit bitter when raw, especially the older it is. It seems to be better when it’s been steamed and wilted. So I’ve use it for making lasagna and a pasta dish - both that call for spinach.

Also, I was excited to see a few cauliflowers coming in. They’re about the size of a golf ball right now, so I’ll have to be patient.


The arugula is quite dense. I've been cutting the larger leaves.

The stems can be quite thick, so I usually only use these leaves.

Cauliflowers the size of a golf ball

Some of the lettuce has topped out and started to flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment