Thursday, November 29, 2012

New Favorite

When I was reading recently about the town with the scarecrows, I also read about a local cafe/antique shop. So I thought I’d go see what it was like. If I hadn’t read about it, I would never have guessed what was inside if I’d just driven by.

It’s called My Favorite Things and I think it’s going to be one of my new favorites. It is in an old downtown brick building that has been somewhat renovated. I say somewhat because the front half looks in good condition. But when I went back to wash my hands I noticed big gaping holes in the floor in the back half.

They serve lunches, cakes, teas, and coffees. I had the chicken salad lunch special with peach tea.


They sell a collection of old antique and vintage things along with new home decorations and jewelry.
I had a look around and bought some soap and old linen napkins at a fair price.
It’s comforting to know that even when I’m living out in the middle of nowhere, I can drive a few minutes and have a treat once in awhile. I need to take the Daughters with me next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment