Thursday, January 17, 2013

Icy

We’re finding that winter in East Texas is very variable. One day it will be 72 degrees and sunny. And the next day it will be 35 degrees and icy. We’re often right on the line of the jet stream.

I was standing outside the other evening, watching the sunset and appreciating the strong breeze. And in just a few seconds the temperature dropped about twenty degrees. I was amazed, but I now understand how the weather can be so changeable.


This was an un-seasonally warm day.

This change was in less than 24 hours.

Frozen rain drops were on my hydroponic tubing.

Frozen water drops were on all my plants.

The pansies had collected ice.

The blanket over my water barrel had collected some ice.

Frozen water drops on the rose bush

The rope on the bird feeder was frozen to the top of the feeder.

The mule collected some ice

No comments:

Post a Comment