Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Black Widow?

When the cows graze in the pasture by the front gate, we keep the gate closed. I was going in and out the other day and spotted this little guy. Luckily I had thick gloves on and was watching where I put my hand, so no risk of a bite this time. 

And thankfully, I'm not scared of spiders. It's probably because my mother used to smack them with her hand, so how dangerous could they be? My rule of thumb is, if they startle me then they're dead. Otherwise, I let them be. I do have a healthy respect for them though.

But I wondered if this one might be a black widow spider. I'm not sure if all spiders with red spots on their backs are black widows. And I'm not sure if this red spot is on the head or back. And what are those two orange looking eyes with eyelashes?

The light caught the eyes just right and gave them an eery green glow.

Just in time for Halloween.






No comments:

Post a Comment