Monday, October 2, 2017

Pink Shower

We worked on another baby shower. My daughters and I have decided we quite like doing  showers. This time it was a pink one. I didn't host it this time, but I did offer to help with some of the food and the decorations.

One of my contributions was to make bunting. I bought several pieces of pink and white felt squares and several rolls of ribbon. I didn't really have a pattern so I just divided the length and width of the felt squares and made as many triangles as I could without wasting much. I sewed them on the ribbon at regular intervals. I don't have any photos of the process because I was busy sewing.


The girls made extra large crepe paper flowers, an idea they saw on Pinterest. I wasn't involved much with that process but they turned out cute. 


Since the theme was a girly pink, we gathered up as many pink, white and gold things that we already had so we didn't end up having to buy much. I went around the house and found enough pink teapots and teacups for our small gathering.


We all pitched in and made a few things from our simple menu of finger sandwiches, scones, ombré cake, and shortbread. We decorated the cake with a teacup from one of the girl's children's china tea set. We also used a few vintage (the girl's old stuff) doll clothes to decorate.


The group activity was making flower arrangements with fresh flowers and mason jars.


Luckily for Guv'nor there were a few leftovers for him and his Sunday night tea.


























1 comment: