Thursday, October 12, 2017

Eclipse

Where were you for the eclipse in August?

My brother started talking about it last September and inviting all of us to his house in South Carolina where it was going to be totality. At the time, all I heard was, blah blah eclipse blah blah. I couldn't get very interested in the eclipse. I didn't understand the significance.

But as the date drew closer and I began to hear and read more about it, I was sorry I hadn't paid more attention to him and planned to go. The more I read the more I got interested. I even ordered the whole family NASA approved eclipse glasses.

In the end, I would have had trouble getting there because I was with our Daughter in Florida getting her couch moved in the dorm. I did think about driving or flying from there but flights were too expensive and I didn't have a car.

Where we were though in Tampa was going to get about 82% totality which was better than I would have seen had I stayed home, which was only going to get 74%. Guv'nor was at work and got 71%.

Some of the family was in Oklahoma City and got 84%. While some of the other family drove from Texas to St. Louis for totality.

Nieces and nephews from the Seattle area drove down to Hubbard, Oregon, for totality and sent me a professional looking photo, as good as I saw anywhere.

The next total eclipse for the US is going to be on April 8, 2024. And it's coming right over us! So I've saved our eclipse glasses.

Florida







Texas




Oklahoma




Missouri




Oregon



1 comment: