Monday, July 16, 2012

Blogger

I’m new to blogging. You probably worked that out already. Deciding on the name of the blog was the first step. I was disappointed that several of the names I wanted had already been taken. And then really disappointed when I saw that they hadn’t been used in several years - some not at all. Sadly these (and variations of these) were taken:
Up the creek
Our green house
As far as the eye can see
Our rural life
Green Acres
Texas Tea (I know, reminds me of Beverly Hillbillies)
Homestead

Even “I Love Texas” was taken. So when I finally clicked on We Love Texas, I was thrilled that it was available.

Blogger provides stats on your blog. That’s pretty fun. I can see how many visits there have been in one day, to each blog, and from what country. I am amused that I’ve had 11 views from Russia, 1 from Germany and 1 from France. I figure Germany and France were mistakes. But Russia? If you’re reading this from Russia, please leave a comment (in English, please). I’m just curious, that’s all.

And then you can have followers. D2 is following me, and I’m following her Proper Green Fingers blog. Gotta keep it in the family.

2 comments:

  1. Visit from Switzerland.. you know us! Wow, what an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come see us the next time you're in the country. Our adventures have only just begun.

      Delete